REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper intake manifold.
- Tag, disconnect and plug the fuel lines.
- Unplug the fuel injector electrical connections.
- Loosen the fuel supply manifold (fuel rail) retaining bolts.
Make sure that the insulators do not get lost when removing the fuel supply manifold.
- Remove the fuel supply manifold and the insulators. The injectors will come off with the manifold.
- Guide the injectors into their bores while installing the fuel supply manifold assembly.
- Install the supply manifold retaining bolts and tighten them to 14-17 ft. lbs. (19-23 Nm).
- Engage the injector electrical connections.
- Connect the fuel lines and install the upper intake manifold.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition key from ACC to ON several times without starting the engine and check for fuel leaks.