See Figures 1 and 2
This switch shuts off the fuel pump in the event of a collision. Once the switch has been tripped, it must be reset manually in order to start the engine.
The inertia switch is located behind the left-hand luggage compartment side cover.
RESETTING THE SWITCH
See Figures 3 and 4
- Turn the ignition switch OFF .
- Ensure that there is no fuel leaking in the engine compartment, along any of the lines or at the tank. There should be no odor of fuel as well.
- Remove the inertia switch cover on the left side of the luggage compartment to gain access to the switch.
- If no leakage and/or odor is apparent, reset the switch by pushing the reset button on the switch.
- Cycle the ignition switch from the ON to OFF positions several times, allowing five seconds at each position, to build fuel pressure within the system.
- Again, check the fuel system for leaks. There should be no odor of fuel as well.
- If there is no leakage and/or odor of fuel, it is safe to operate the vehicle. However, it is recommended that the entire system be checked by a professional, especially if the vehicle was in an accident severe enough to trip the inertia switch.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the cover from the left side of the luggage compartment.
- Unplug the inertia switch electrical connection.
- Loosen the two switch retaining screws and remove the switch.
- Install the switch and tighten the retaining screws.
- Engage the switch electrical connection.
- Install the cover to the left side of the luggage compartment.
- Connect the negative battery cable.