REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Remove the air cleaner inlet tube, then disconnect the accelerator cable from the throttle lever.
- Unplug the idle switch and Throttle Position (TP) sensor electrical connections.
- Loosen the throttle body nut and the three retaining bolts. Slide the throttle body off the stud on the upper intake manifold.
- If necessary, maneuver the throttle body so that you can gain access to the coolant hoses.
- Tag the hoses, tilt the throttle body back and disconnect the coolant hoses.
- Remove the throttle body and gasket from the engine. Discard the gasket.
- Clean the throttle body mounting surfaces with a scraper until all the old gasket material is removed.
- Position a new gasket and install the throttle body.
- Connect the coolant hoses to the throttle body and finger-tighten the retaining nut and bolts.
- Use a torque wrench to tighten the nut and bolts to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-25 Nm).
- Engage the TP sensor and idle switch electrical connections.
- Connect the accelerator cable to the throttle lever and install the air cleaner inlet tube.
- Replenish the cooling system and connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition key from ACC to ON several times without starting the engine and check for fuel leaks.
- Start the car and check for fuel and coolant leaks in and around the throttle body.