REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Remove the instrument panel.
- Tag and disconnect the inlet and outlet heater water hoses in the engine compartment.
- Tag and disengage the wiring harness and antenna lead from the bracket on the front of the heater core case.
- Loosen the A/C evaporator register duct-to-heater core case retaining screw.
- Loosen the two nuts from the upper and lower right side of the case.
- Loosen the nut on the lower left side, and disengage the case from the windshield defroster nozzle connectors.
- Loosen the heater core cover seal retaining screws, then remove the seal.
- Remove the heater core from the case.
- Insert the heater core into its case.
- Install the seal and tighten the retaining screws.
Make sure the windshield defroster nozzle connectors and the A/C evaporator register duct are properly seated on the heater core case before installing the case.
- Install the heater core case and tighten the retaining nuts.
- Tighten the A/C evaporator register duct-to-heater core case retaining screw.
- Engage the antenna and wiring harness to the bracket on the front of the case.
- Install the instrument panel.
- Connect the inlet and outlet heater hoses.
- Fill the cooling system to its proper level with the proper mixture of coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine, let it idle until it reaches normal operating temperature, and check for cooling system leaks.