REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
On vehicles equipped with a manual transaxle, the Park/Neutral Position (PNP) switch signals the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to control idle speed when the transaxle is shifted into NEUTRAL, and activates back-up lights when the transaxle is in REVERSE. The PNP switch is not adjustable.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the PNP switch electrical connector.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Using an open end wrench, remove the PNP switch from the flywheel housing.
- Apply pipe sealant with Teflon® D8AZ-19554-A or equivalent to the threads of the switch.
- Install the PNP switch to the flywheel housing and tighten to 15-21 ft. lbs. (20-29 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Fasten the PNP switchs electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.