See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Before adjusting the idle speed, make sure the ignition timing is correct and that all electrical loads, such as the cooling fan and lamps, are OFF.
- Connect a digital multimeter with an inductive pickup to the No. 1 spark plug wire.
- Ground the PCM STI (TEN) pin at the Data Link Connector (DLC). Refer to the accompanying illustration.
- Start the engine and let it reach normal operating temperature, then note the idle speed.
- The idle should be 650-750 rpm on a manual transaxle in NEUTRAL or 700-800 rpm on an automatic transaxle in PARK .
- If the idle is not as specified, turn the idle speed adjustment screw (refer to the accompanying illustration) until the correct idle speed is reached.
- Turn the engine OFF and let it cool.
- Remove the ground from the DLC.
- After the engine has cooled, start the engine, let it reach normal operating temperature and check the idle speed.
See Figure 4