REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the wiper motor electrical connection.
- Loosen the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) solenoid vacuum valve bracket nuts and slide the intake manifold vacuum outlet fitting and cap off the access plate.
- Remove the access panel nuts and the wiper motor bolts.
- Pull the wiper motor and access panel assembly away from the bulkhead.
- Detach the wiper linkage pivot from the motor output arm, then separate the motor from the access panel.
Make sure the ground wire is fastened with the top left wiper motor bolt.
- Attach the wiper motor to the access panel and the motor output arm to the wiper linkage.
- Install the wiper motor bolts and tighten them to 62-88 inch lbs. (7-10 Nm).
- Install and tighten the access panel nuts.
- Install the intake manifold vacuum fitting on the access panel and tighten the EGR solenoid vacuum valve bracket nuts.
- Engage the wiper motor electrical connection.
- Connect the negative battery cable.