Shift control linkage
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- With the engine OFF , place the gearshift lever in the D position.
- Verify that the vehicle is in the D position by viewing the MLP (TR) sensor. The alignment marks will be aligned with the D arrow on the sensor body.
- Have an assistant hold the gearshift lever in the D position.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the transaxle shift cable from the shift arm using a screwdriver.
- Depress the two locking tabs on the adjustment lock cylinder and rotate the lock cylinder counterclockwise. The shift cable is now unlocked and free to slide in the retainer.
- Make sure the assistant is holding the gearshift lever in the D position.
- Grasp the cable forward of the adjustment lock cylinder and move as necessary to align the cable eye with the pin on the shift arm.
- Install the shift end to the shift arm by pressing on by hand. Rotate the adjustment lock cylinder clockwise until it snaps into place.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Shift the transaxle through all the ranges to make sure the shift linkage is adjusted and the indicator is aligned.