REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 10
Before proceeding, be sure to have available new pinch bolts for the steering knuckle to lower ball joint and steering knuckle to strut as well as a new wheel hub retaining nut.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the disc brake caliper and rotor.
- Support the disc brake caliper with safety wire. Do not let the caliper hang by the brake hose.
- Remove the anti-lock brake sensor retaining bolt and remove the sensor from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the outer tie rod end cotter pin and remove the castellated nut. Discard the cotter pin.
- Separate the outer tie rod end from the steering knuckle using an appropriate tie rod end remover.
- Remove the wheel hub retaining nut. Discard the nut.
- Separate the halfshaft from the wheel hub using Front Hub Remover/Replacer T81P-1104-C or equivalent, and the related adapters.
- Once removed, support the end of the halfshaft.
- Remove the steering knuckle to lower ball joint pinch bolt.
- Remove the steering knuckle to strut pinch bolt.
- Work the steering knuckle off of the lower ball joint and out of the lower strut tube.
- Remove the steering knuckle from the vehicle.
- Place the steering knuckle assembly onto a suitable workbench.
- Install Front Hub Remover/Replacer T81P-1104-C or equivalent with the appropriate adapters and separate the hub from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the inner and outer snap rings securing the wheel bearing.
- Remove the wheel bearing from the steering knuckle. Drive or press the old wheel bearing out as required.
- Install the outer snap ring into the steering knuckle.
- Install the wheel bearing using a hydraulic press with the appropriate size bearing cup adapter.
- Reinstall the inner snap ring in the steering knuckle.
- Reinstall the hub to the steering knuckle using Threaded Drawbar T75T-1176-A or equivalent.
- Carefully align the splines of the outer CV-joint with the splines in the hub.
- Position the steering knuckle to the lower ball joint stud.
- Position the steering knuckle to the lower strut tube.