REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
The in-line fuel filter is located under the vehicle in the rear, near the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands.
Remove the two push-connect fittings on the fuel lines. The fittings are removed in the following manner:
- Using a small screwdriver or other suitable tool, spread the clip legs outward so that the clip can clear the line.
- Using a small screwdriver or other suitable tool (a cotter pin puller works especially well) pull up on the triangular end of the clip to remove the clip.
- Pull the connection from the fuel filter and repeat for the other line.
- Loosen the fuel filter retaining clamp.
- Slide the fuel filter out of the clamp. The fuel filter has a lip on the side facing the filter outlet fitting, always be sure to slide the filter out from this side as the filter will not clear the clamp due to this lip.
- Slide the new filter into the clamp and tighten the clamp.
- Install new clips into the fuel line fittings. The triangular shaped end of the clip should be on the top of the fitting and the point on the clip should face away from the fuel filter.
- Attach the fuel lines to the filter until an audible click is heard from the connection. Sometimes the click is very quiet, so test the fitting by gently pulling on the line to see if it comes loose.
- Lower the vehicle
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the vehicle and check the filter and lines for leaks.