REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 12
- Turn the key to the ON position, and turn the windshield wipers on. When the wipers reach the top of their travel turn the key OFF , so they maintain their position there.
- With the hood closed, remove the plastic covers on the cowl panel cover screws.
- Remove the screws.
- Open the hood and pull the weatherstripping on the back of the engine compartment off.
- Remove the screws under the weatherstripping that retain the cowl panel cover.
- Seperate the halves of the panel and remove the panel from the vehicle.
- Remove the two clips that retain the filter housing and remove the housing from the vehicle.
- Slide the air filter out from the housing.
- Clean the housing of any debris and dirt and slide a new filter into the housing.
- Place the housing into the vehicle and attach the clips.
- Place the cowl panel into place and install the retaining screws under the weatherstripping.
- Install the weatherstripping and close the hood.
- Install the remaining screws and plastic screw covers.
- Return the windshield wipers to the rest position.