REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the covers over the wiper arm retaining nuts.
- Remove the retaining nuts on the wiper arm pivots.
- Matchmark the wiper arms to the pivot for reinstallation.
- Lift each wiper arm and free it from the pivot shafts.
The wiper arms will most likely be stuck, a useful tool for removal of the wiper arms is a battery terminal puller. The battery terminal puller exerts force on the pivot and raises the arm, otherwise prying and other techniques could do damage to the wiper arms, trim, windshield, or painted surfaces of the vehicle.To install:
- Place the wiper arm onto the pivot aligning the matchmarks.
- Tighten the retaining nuts to 18 ft. lbs (25 Nm).
- Fasten the retaining nut covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable.