REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The pedal travel switch is only equipped on 1992-94 models with ABS.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the wire harness lead from the switch connector.
- Using a suitable tool, pry the connector locator out of the holes in the brake pedal support.
- Unsnap the switch hook from the pin on the ABS adapter bracket.
- Holding the brake pedal down to gain access, squeeze the tabs on the switch mounting clip with a suitable tool and push the clip through the hole in the dump valve adapter bracket.
- Remove the rearmost screw on the ABS adapter bracket and loosen the second screw. Rotate the bracket and remove the switch and wire assembly.
See Figure 1
- Route the switch wire harness through the lower triangular hole in the brake pedal support.
- Align the ABS adapter bracket with the mounting hole in the sidewall of the brake pedal support and install the rearmost screw. Then, tighten both bracket mounting screws.
- Install the electrical connector and locator to the right side of the brake pedal support.
- Holding the brake pedal down, insert the switch mounting clip into the hole in the dump valve adapter bracket and push firmly until a click is heard.
- Rotate the switch and check that the mounting clip ears are fully engaged.
- Adjust the switch and connect the negative battery cable.
Any time the switch is unhooked from the pin for any reason, the following adjustment procedure should be performed to ensure correct switch adjustment.
- Push the switch plunger fully into the switch housing. This zeroes out the switch adjustment so that it can be automatically reset to the correct dimension.
- Slowly pull the arm back out of the switch housing past the detent point.
At this point it should be impossible to reattach the arm to the pin unless the brake pedal is forced down.
- To complete the adjustment, depress the brake pedal until the switch hook can be snapped onto the pin. Snap the hook onto the pin and pull the brake pedal back up to its normal at rest position. This automatically sets the switch to the proper adjustment.