REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the distributor cap, rotor and adapter.
- Separate the distributor connector from the wiring harness.
- Using a small gear puller or 2 small prybars, remove the armature from the sleeve and plate assembly. Use caution to avoid losing the roll pin.
- Remove the C-clip securing the diaphragm rod to the stator assembly. Lift the diaphragm rod off the stator assembly pin.
See Figure 1
- Remove the screw retaining the ground strap at the stator assembly grommet. Remove the wire retaining clip from the lower plate assembly.
- Remove the ground from the distributor base and lift the stator assembly off the lower plate assembly.
- Place the stator assembly on the lower plate assembly bushing and install the wire retaining clip.
- Place the diaphragm rod over the pin on the stator assembly and install the C-clip.
- Insert the stator assembly grommet in the distributor base slot. Install and tighten the ground strap retaining screw to 15 inch lbs. (1.7 Nm).
- Note there are 2 locating notches in the armature and install it on the sleeve and plate assembly with the unused notch and new roll pin.
- Connect the distributor wiring harness. Install the distributor adapter, rotor and cap. Install the ignition wires. Verify that the spark plug wires are securely connected to the distributor cap and spark plugs.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the ignition timing.