REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the headlight doors.
- Remove the 4 screws from the front of the grille.
- Remove the locking tabs from the grille opening panel and remove the grille.
- Insert the locking tabs into the grille opening panel.
- Install the 4 screws in the front of the grille.
- Install the headlight doors.
See Figure 1
There is no grille removal and installation procedure for 1992 vehicles, as this model year did not feature a grille.1993-98 MODELS
- Open the hood.
- Working behind the grille opening panel, use a small flat blade prybar to depress the barbs on the 7 retainers across the top of the grille.
- Release the 2 retainers at the bottom of the grille and remove the grille from the vehicle.
- Line up the 7 retainers across the top of the grille to the holes in the grille opening panel.
- Carefully insert the retainers and push in until fully seated.
- Push in the bottom of the grille to snap in the bottom 2 retainers.
See Figure 2
- Depress the grille's 6 snap-in tabs with a flat blade tool.
- Pull the tabs out of the grille opening panel and remove the grille.
- Align the snap-in tabs with the slots in the grille opening panel.
- Firmly press the tabs into the slots in the grille opening panel.
See Figure 3
- Remove the sight shield.
- Remove the side marker lights; refer to Chassis Electrical
- Remove the headlights; refer to Chassis Electrical
- Remove the 11 retaining nuts and 4 screws retaining the grille opening panel moulding assembly and remove as one piece.
- Remove the 4 retaining bolts and remove the grille.
- Install the grille and secure with the 4 retaining bolts.
- Install the grille opening panel moulding assembly and secure with the nuts and screws.
- Install the headlights and the side marker lights.
- Install the sight shield.
See Figure 4