REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the radiator coolant recovery tank.
See Figures 1 and 2
- Slide the connector from the top of the blower motor.
- Detach the blower motor lead connector from the wiring harness connector.
- Remove the blower motor cooling tube from the blower motor.
See Figures 3 and 4
- Remove the 4 retaining screws.
- Turn the blower motor and wheel assembly slightly to the right so the bottom edge of the mounting plate follows the contour of the wheel well splash panel. While still in the blower housing, lift the motor and wheel assembly up and maneuver it out of the blower housing.
- If necessary, remove the pushnut from the motor shaft and slide the wheel from the shaft.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. If the wheel was removed from the motor shaft, make sure it is reinstalled so the outside of the wheel is 3.62-3.70 in. (92-94mm) from the blower motor mounting plate.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper blower motor operation.
See Figures 5 and 6