REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1989 Vehicles with Automatic Temperature Control
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the glove compartment door stop (one screw) and let the door hang by the hinges.
- Detach the vacuum hose and electrical connector from the servo motor.
- Remove the 2 screws from the servo motor mounting bracket and position the servo for access to the vacuum diverter valve.
- Remove the retaining pushnut and vacuum connector clip, then unplug the multiple vacuum connector from the vacuum diverter valve.
- Remove the pushnut that retains the servo motor overtravel spring and arm link to the blend door crank arm. Remove the servo assembly.
- Connect the servo motor overtravel spring and arm link to the blend door crank arm. Install a new pushnut.
- Attach the multiple vacuum connector to the vacuum diverter valve and secure it with a vacuum connector and a new retaining pushnut.
- Position the servo motor and install the 2 mounting screws.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the servo motor and attach the electrical connector to the harness.
- Replace the glove compartment door stop screw and connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the system for proper operation.
See Figure 1