REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- If equipped, turn the air suspension switch OFF.
- Raise the vehicle and support the frame side rails with jackstands. Allow the axle housing to hang with the shock absorbers fully extended.
- On 1989-91 vehicles, remove the bolts, nuts and spacers retaining the stabilizer bar to the lower control arms and remove the stabilizer bar. Discard the bolts and nuts.
- On 1992-98 vehicles, disconnect the stabilizer bar arms from the links. Remove the bolts and brackets retaining the stabilizer bar to the rear axle and remove the stabilizer bar.
- On 1989-91 vehicles, align the 4 holes in the stabilizer bar with the holes in the lower control arms. Install the color coded end of the bar on the right side of the vehicle. Install 4 new bolts and nuts and the existing spacers. Tighten to 70-92 ft. lbs. (95-125 Nm).
- On 1992-98 vehicles, install 2 brackets onto the stabilizer bar insulators and hook both brackets into the T-slot of the rear axle bracket. Install the retaining bolts and tighten to 16-21 ft. lbs. (21-29 Nm). Connect the stabilizer bar eyes to the links using insulators, nuts and washers. Tighten to 13-17 ft. lbs. (17-23 Nm).
- Remove the jackstands and lower the vehicle.
- If equipped, turn the air suspension switch ON.