REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the PCV valve from the grommet or elbow.
- Disconnect the hose(s) from the PCV valve and remove it from the vehicle.
- Check the PCV valve for deposits and clogging. If the valve rattles when shaken, it is okay. If the valve does not rattle, clean the valve with solvent until the plunger is free, or replace it.
- Check the PCV hose(s) and the grommet or elbow for clogging and signs of wear or deterioration. Clean or replace parts, as necessary.
- If necessary, on the 5.0L engine remove the grommet and remove the crankcase emission filter.
- If removed, on the 5.0L engine install a new crankcase emission filter element and install the grommet.
- Connect the PCV hose(s) to the PCV valve.
- Install the PCV valve in the grommet or elbow.
See Figures 1 through 5