REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the ignition module connector.
- Remove the module retaining screws. Pull the right side of the module down the distributor mounting flange and back up to disengage the module terminals from the connector in the distributor base. The module may be pulled toward the flange and away from the distributor.
See Figure 1
Do not attempt to lift the module from the mounting surface except as explained in Step 3, as the pins will break at the distributor module connector.To install:
- Coat the base plate of the TFI-IV ignition module uniformly with a 1 / 32 (0.79mm) thick film of silicone dielectric compound.
- Position the module on the distributor base mounting flange. Carefully position the module toward the distributor bowl and engage the 3 connector pins securely.
- Install the retaining screws. Tighten to 15-35 inch lbs. (1.7-4.0 Nm), starting with the upper right screw.
- Attach the module harness connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.