Removal & Installation
- Turn the air suspension switch to the OFF position.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle so the suspension is fully down with no load.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Heat shield, as required
- Rotate the solenoid valve counterclockwise to the first stop.
Pull the solenoid valve straight out slowly to the second stop to bleed air from the system.
CAUTIONDo not fully release the solenoid until the air is completely bled from the air spring or personal injury may result.
After the air is fully bled from the system, rotate the solenoid valve counterclockwise to the third stop and remove the solenoid valve from the solenoid housing. Remove the large O-ring from the solenoid housing.
- Remove the air spring.
- Check the solenoid valve O-rings for cuts or abrasions. Replace the O-rings as required. Lightly grease the O-ring area of the solenoid valve and the larger solenoid housing O-ring with silicone dielectric compound.
- Insert the solenoid into the air spring end cap and rotate clockwise to the third stop, push in to the second stop, then rotate clockwise to the first stop.
Install or connect the following:
WARNINGThe air springs may be damaged if the suspension is allowed to compress before the spring is inflated.
Air spring solenoid retainer. Inspect the wiring harness connector and ensure the rubber gasket is in place at the bottom of the connector cavity
Refill the air spring as follows:
- Step 1: Turn the air suspension switch to the ON position. The ignition switch must be ON and the engine running or a battery charger must be connected to the battery to reduce battery drain.
- Step 2: Fold back or remove the right-hand luggage compartment trim panel and connect Super Star II Tester 007-0041-A to the air suspension DLC, which is located near the air suspension switch.
- Step 3: Set the tester to EEC-IV/MCU mode. Also set the tester to FAST mode. Release the tester button to the HOLD (up) position and turn the tester ON .
- Step 4: Depress the tester button to TEST (down) position. A Code 10 will be displayed. Within 2 minutes a Code 13 will be displayed. After Code 13 is displayed, release the tester button to the HOLD (up) position, wait 5 seconds and depress the tester button to TEST (down) position. Ignore any codes displayed.
- Step 5: Release the tester button to the HOLD (up) position. Wait at least 20 seconds, and then depress the tester button to TEST (down) position. Within 10 seconds, the codes will be displayed in the order shown.
- Step 6: Within 4 seconds after Code 26 is displayed, release the tester button to the HOLD (up) position. Waiting longer than 4 seconds may result in Functional Test 31 being entered. The compressor will fill the air springs with air as long as the tester button is in the HOLD (up) position. To stop filling the air springs, depress the tester button to the TEST (down) position.
- Step 7: To exit Functional Test 26, disconnect the tester and turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Install the luggage trim panel, if removed.