Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the driveshaft according to the procedure in this section.
- Carefully remove the seal, using a suitable seal removal tool.
- Inspect the sealing surface of the driveshaft yoke for scoring or damage. If scored or damaged, the yoke must be replaced.
- Inspect the seal bore in the extension housing for burrs or damage. Burrs can be removed with crocus cloth.
- Install the seal in the housing using a suitable seal installer; the seal should be firmly seated in the bore.
- Coat the inside diameter of the rubber portion of the seal with grease.
- Install the driveshaft as described in this Section.
- Lower the vehicle. Operate the vehicle and check for leaks.