Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Air cleaner outlet pipe
Install or connect the following:
Ignition coil to spark plug
Primary Winding Resistance
- Turn the ignition OFF .
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the ignition coil.
- Check for dirt, corrosion or damage on the terminals and repair as necessary.
- Measure coil primary resistance between ignition coil pin 2 (B+) and pins 1 (coil 2), 2 (coil 3) and 3 (coil 1).
- Resistance should be 0.3-1.0 ohms. If resistance is out of specifications, replace the coil pack. If resistance is within specifications, proceed to secondary windings testing.
Measure coil secondary resistance between the corresponding spark plug wire towers on the coil.
Coil 1-cylinders 1 and 6
- Resistance should be 12.8-13.1 kilohms. If secondary resistance is not within specification, replace the coil pack.