Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Use special tool 303-107 (T74P-6700-A) or a suitable seal remover to remove the front cover seal.
- Lubricate the engine front cover and the front oil seal inner lip with clean engine oil.
Use special tool 303-635 or a suitable seal installer to install the crankshaft front seal into the engine front cover.
- Install the crankshaft pulley.
- Reconnect negative battery cable, check for leaks and repair if necessary.