Removal & Installation
If the vehicle is equipped with air suspension, the electrical power to the air suspension system must be shut off prior to hoisting, jacking or towing an air suspension vehicle. This can be accomplished by turning off the air suspension switch located in the luggage compartment. Failure to do so can result in unexpected inflation or deflation of the air springs, which can result in shifting of the vehicle during these operations. Failure to follow these instructions may result in personal injury.
- If equipped with air suspension, the air suspension switch, located on the right-hand side of the luggage compartment, must be turned to the OFF position before raising the vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Wheel bearing and hub
- Raise the suspension arms and place a jack under them to release pressure from the stabilizer bar links.
- Remove the upper control arm center nut.
- Remove the stabilizer bar link nut and discard.
- Disconnect the brake line retainer.
- Remove the steering knuckle nuts and remove the steering knuckle.
Install or connect the following:
Steering knuckle and tighten the nuts to 111 ft. lbs. (150 Nm).
- If equipped with air suspension, turn the air suspension switch to the ON position.