The combination switch incorporates the turn signal, dimmer and windshield wiper switch functions on 1990-99 vehicles. The combination switch incorporates only the turn signal and dimmer function on 1988-89 vehicles. For windshield wiper switch removal and installation on 1988 -89 vehicles, refer to the procedure in this Section.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove the ignition switch lock cylinder as follows:
Insert the ignition key into the ignition switch lock cylinder and turn to the RUN position.
- Remove the tilt wheel handle and shank.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
Remove the multifunction switch and disconnect the electrical connectors.
Install or connect the following:
Multifunction switch and electrical connectors and tighten the screws to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm)
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped with tilt column, move to the lowest position and remove the tilt lever.
- Remove the ignition lock cylinder; refer to the procedure in this Section.
- Remove the shroud screws and remove the upper and lower shrouds.
- Remove the 2 self-tapping screws attaching the combination switch to the steering column casting and remove the switch.
- Remove the wiring harness retainer and disconnect the 2 electrical connectors.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.