- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove the power steering pump pulley.
WARNINGInstallation of a new power steering pump pulley is necessary after being removed and installed two times.
- Remove the drive belt.
Raise the vehicle.
WARNINGDo not apply pressure on the power steering pump rotor shaft. Pressure will damage internal thrust areas of the power steering pump.
Remove the pulley with a suitable puller.
Inspect the pulley for paint marks in the web area near the hub. If there are two paint marks, discard the pulley. If there is no paint or one paint mark, use a paint pencil to mark the web area of the pulley near the hub.
- Loosen the clamp and disconnect the hose and drain the fluid into a suitable container.
- Remove the nut.
- Disconnect the high-pressure line.
Remove the bolts and the power steering pump.
- Install the power steering pump and torque the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm)
- Install a new Teflon seal on the high-pressure line fitting.
- Attach the high-pressure line and tighten the flare nut to 48 ft. lbs. (65 Nm)
- Install the nut and torque to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm)
- Attach the low pressure fluid return line.
- Attach the pump pulley and securely tighten the nut.
- Fill and leak check the system..