REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect and remove injection lines from the injection pump and nozzles. Cap all lines and fittings using protective cap set T84P-9395-A or equivalent.
- Remove nuts attaching the fuel return line to the nozzles, and remove return line and seals.
- Remove the nozzles using a 27mm deep-well socket.
- Remove the nozzle gaskets and washers from nozzle seat, using O-ring pick tool T71P-19703-C or equivalent.
- Clean the outside of the nozzle assemblies using nozzle cleaning kit, Rotunda model 14-0301 or equivalent, and a suitable solvent. Dry all parts thoroughly.
- Position new sealing gaskets in the nozzle seats.
Install the gasket with the red painted surface facing up.
- Position new copper washers in the nozzles bores.
- Install the nozzles and tighten to 44-51 ft. lbs. (60-70 Nm).
- Position the fuel return line on the nozzles, using new seals.
- Install the fuel return line retaining nuts and tighten to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Install the fuel lines on the injection pump and nozzles. Tighten the capnuts to 18-22 ft. lbs. (24-30 Nm).
- Air bleed the fuel system.
- Run the engine and check closely for fuel leaks. If any leaks occur, turn off the engine immediately. Find and repair any leak(s).
Other servicing of the diesel fuel system requires special tool and equipment. Servicing should be done by a mechanic experienced with diesels.