See Figures 1 and 2
- Verify that the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
- Remove the primary connector, clean and inspect the connector for dirt or corrosion.
- Using a Digital Volt Ohmmeter (DVOM), measure the secondary resistance between the BATT terminal to the HIGH VOLTAGE terminal of the coil.
- The resistance should be 7,700-9, 600 ohms.
- Measure the primary resistance from the BATT terminal to the TACH terminal of the coil. The resistance should be 1-2 ohms.
- Replace the coil, if either readings are not within specifications.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the spark plug wire from the coil.
- Unpug the coil electrical connector(s).
- Unfasten the coil bracket retainer(s).
- Remove the ignition coil.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.