REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the snap cap from the antenna, if so equipped.
- Remove the base attaching screws.
- Pull (do not pry) the antenna up through the fender.
- Push in on the sides of the glove box door and place the door in the hinged downward position.
- Disconnect the antenna lead from the rear of the radio and remove the antenna cable from the heater or air conditioning cable retaining clips.
On some models it may be necessary to remove the right-hand side kick panel in order to gain access to some of the antenna cable retaining clips.
- Pull the antenna cable through the hole in the door hinge pillar and fender and remove the antenna assembly from the vehicle.
- With the right front door open, put the gasket on the antenna and position the antenna base and wire harness assembly into the fender opening.
- Install the antenna base onto the fender using the retaining screws.
- Install the antenna base cap and antenna mast assembly, if so equipped.
- Pull the antenna lead through the door hinge pillar opening. Seat the grommet by pulling the antenna wiring harness cable through the hole from the inside of the vehicle.
- Route the antenna cable behind the glove box, along the instrument panel and install the cable in the retaining clips from which they were removed.
- Attach the antenna wiring connector into the back of the radio.
- Install the right-hand kick panel, if removed.
- Push in on the sides of the glove box door and place in the hinged upward position.
- Connect the negative battery cable.