REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The help of an assistant is recommended, when removing or installing the hood.
- Open and support the hood.
- Protect the body with fender covers to prevent damage to the paint.
- Scribe marks around the hinge locations for reference during installation.
- Remove the hinge attaching bolts, being careful not to let the hood slip as the bolts are removed.
- Remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Place the hood into position. Install and partially tighten attaching bolts.
- Adjust the hood with the reference marks and tighten the attaching bolts to 7-12 ft. lbs. (10-16 Nm).
- Check the hood for an even fit between the fenders and for flush fit with the front of the fenders. Also, check for a flush fit with the top of the cowl and fenders. If necessary, adjust the hood latch.
The hood can be adjusted fore and aft and side to side by loosening the hood-to-hinge attaching bolts and reposition the hood. To raise or lower the hood, loosen the hinge hood on body attaching bolts and raise or lower the hinge as necessary.
The hood lock can be moved from side-to-side and up and down and laterally to obtain a snug hood fit by loosening the lock attaching screws and moving as necessary.