REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect fuel supply and return lines using the proper tool for spring lock coupling removal.
- Unplug the fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Remove the two fuel injection supply manifold (fuel rail) retaining bolts.
- Carefully disengage the fuel injection supply manifold from the fuel injectors.
- Disconnect the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator and set the fuel injection supply manifold aside.
- Carefully position the fuel injection supply manifold on top of the fuel injectors. Push the fuel injection supply manifold down onto the injectors to fully seat the O-rings.
- Install the two fuel injection supply manifold retaining bolts and tighten to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm).
- Connect the fuel supply and return lines making sure the spring lock couplings are fully engaged and that the fuel tube clips are properly installed.
- Connect the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator.
- Attach the fuel injector electrical harness connectors.
- Connect the negative battery cable and turn the ignition to the ON position to allow the fuel pump to pressurize the system.
- Check for any fuel leaks. If any are found, immediately turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and disconnect the negative battery cable. Correct any leaks that are found.
- Connect the fuel injector wiring harness.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Run the engine at idle for 2 minutes, then turn the engine OFF and check for fuel leaks and proper operation.