REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The neutral safety switch controls the back-up lights on models with a automatic transaxle. Refer to Drive Train of this guide for switch removal and installation.Manual Transaxle
- Unplug the electrical connector from the back-up switch.
- Place the transaxle in Reverse.
- Using a suitable wrench, remove the back-up light switch.
To prevent internal damage do not shift the transaxle until the switch has been installed.To install:
- Apply Teflon® pipe sealant to the threads of the switch in a clockwise direction.
- Install the switch and tighten to 14-18 ft. lbs. (19-24 Nm).
- Attach the electrical connector to the back-up switch.
- Place the transaxle in neutral.
- Start the vehicle and check for proper switch operation.