REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 10
The manual front seats are installed on a metal track that is retained to the floorpan by studs with nut and washer assemblies or screws with a washer type head. Nuts and/or screws retaining the seat tracks are removed from inside and/or underneath the vehicle.
- Remove the seat track plastic shield retaining pins, screws and/or nuts and washers.
- Remove the seat track-to-floor retainers from inside or underneath the vehicle. If the screws and/or nuts have to be removed from underneath the vehicle, be sure to raise the vehicle and support with the proper jack stands. Lift the seat and seat track assembly from the vehicle.
Be sure not to drop the seat and seat tracking assembly and do not sit on the seat if it is not secured in the vehicle because it may result in damaged components.
- Place the seat and seat track assemblies on a clean working area and disconnect the adjusting springs, assist spring and latch tie wire from the tracks.
- Unfasten the seat track-to-seat cushion attaching screws and remove the seat cushion from the tracks.
To ease in the assist spring removal and installation, adjust the seat to the full forward position.
- If the seat tracks are being replaced, transfer the retracting springs and spacers (anti-squeak) to the new track assembly.
- Mount the seat tracks to the seat cushion.
- Install the seat-track-to-seat cushion retaining screws and tighten them to 9-18 ft. lbs. (12.2-24.5 Nm).
- Install the tie wire to the track and install the assist springs.
- Place the seat assembly into the vehicle and insure proper alignment.
- Install the screws, studs and/or nuts and washer assemblies. Tighten them to 9-18 ft. lbs. (12.2-24.5 Nm). Install the plastic shield.
See Figures 11 and 12
- When removing the seat cushion portion of the rear split folding seat, remove the articulating arm mounting bolt, bushing, spacer and washer from the seat cushion. Fold the seat cushion forward.
- On the full folding seat only, remove the retaining strap attaching screw.
- Remove the hinge attaching screws.
- Remove the seat cushion from the vehicle. On the split folding seat only, slide the seat cushion pivot pin out of the bushing and bracket.
- To remove the seat back portion of the rear fold down seat, detach the luggage compartment cover from the seat back.
- Remove the carpeting from the seat back.
- Disengage the inboard safety belts from the guides and outboard safety belts from the strap retainers. Pull the strap retainers through the holes in the seat back from the rear.
- Fold the seat back forward. Remove the two screws attaching each hinge to the floor.
- Remove the seat back from the vehicle. For split folding seat only, slide the seat back off the pivot assembly to remove.
- Install the seat back into the vehicle. For the spilt folding seats only, slide the seat back over the pivot assembly.
- Install the hinge attaching screws and tighten to at this time.
- Install the seat cushion in the vehicle.
- On split folding seats only, insert the seat cushion pivot pin into the bushing bracket.
- Install the hinge attaching screws. Tighten the screws to 13-20 ft. lbs. (17.6-27 Nm).
- On the full folding seats only, install the retaining strap attaching screw. Fold the seat cushion back. Be sure that the seat cushion latch is engaged by pulling up at the rear of the cushion.
- On the split folding seats only, install the articulating arm mounting bolt, bushing, spacer and washer to the seat cushion. Tighten the bolt to 14-16 ft. lbs. (19-21.5 Nm).
- Fold the seat back and cushion back. Check that both seat back engage properly.
- Install the outboard safety belt strap retainers and install the inboard safety belts guides.
- Install the carpeting to the seat back.
- Secure the luggage compartment cover to the seat back.