REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the wheel hub.
If the vehicle is being raised using a hoist, a jack stand must be placed under the lower control arm to raise it to curb height.
- Remove the brake drum and wheel bearings.
- Remove the brake backing plate.
- Remove the tie rod end nut and washer.
- Unfasten the strut-to-spindle nuts and bolts.
- Unfasten the nut and bolt attaching the lower control arm to the spindle.
- Remove the spindle.
- With new tie rod bushings in place in the spindle, and one new dished washer installed on the tie rod, position the spindle over the end of the tie rod.
- Attach the strut to the spindle and install the retaining bolts and nuts. The bolts must be installed with the bolt head facing the rear of the vehicle. Tighten the bolts to 70-96 ft. lbs. (95-130 Nm).
- Attach the lower control arm to the spindle and install a new bolt, washer and nut. Install the bolt with the head facing the front of the vehicle and tighten it to 60-80 ft. lbs. (81-109 Nm).
- Install the tie rod to the spindle, then install a new dished washer and nut. Tighten the nut to 35-50 ft. lbs. (47-68 Nm).
- Install the brake backing plate.
- Install the brake drum and the bearings.
- Install the wheel and lower the vehicle.
see Figures 1 and 2