Use only power steering fluid that meets Ford Specifications such as Motorcraft Type F Automatic Transmission and Power Steering Fluid.
FLUID LEVEL CHECK
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature.
- While the engine is idling, turn the steering wheel all the way to the right and then to the left, and repeat several times.
- Turn the engine OFF .
- Open the hood and remove the power steering pump dipstick.
- Wipe the dipstick clean and reinstall into the pump reservoir.
- Withdraw the dipstick and note the fluid level shown. The level must show between the COLD FULL mark and the HOT FULL mark.
- Add fluid if necessary, but do not overfill. Remove any excess fluid with a suction bulb or suction gun.