The oil pressure sensor is threaded into an oil passage on the engine block.
See Figure 1
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position but do not start the engine. The warning lamp should come on.
- If the lamp does not illuminate, remove the wire from the sender and ground the wire.
- If the lamp now operates, the sender should be replaced or it is not properly sealed to the engine.
- If the lamp does not illuminate with the wire grounded, replace the bulb and repeat the test.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the car and support it with safety stands.
- Locate the oil pressure sending unit on the engine.
- Unplug the sending unit electrical connection.
- Unfasten and remove the sending unit from the engine.
- Coat the new sending unit with Teflon® tape or an equivalent water resistant, electrically conductive sealer.
- Install the sending unit and tighten to 8-18 ft. lbs. (10-24 Nm).
- Attach the sending unit's electrical connector.
- Remove the safety stands and lower the car.
- Start the engine, allow it to reach operating temperature and check for leaks.
- Check for proper sending unit operation.