REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped with a tilt steering column, remove the upper extension shroud by unsnapping the shroud from the retaining clip at the 9 o'clock position.
- Remove the steering column lower shroud.
- Unplug the warning buzzer electrical connector.
- With the lock cylinder key, rotate the cylinder to the RUN position.
- Take a 1 / 8 in. (3.17mm) diameter pin or small wire punch and push on the cylinder retaining pin. The pin is visible through a hole in the mounting surrounding the key cylinder. Push on the pin and withdraw the lock cylinder from the housing.
- Install the lock cylinder by turning it to the RUN position and depressing the retaining pin. Insert the lock cylinder into the housing. Be sure the lock cylinder is fully seated and aligned in the interlocking washer before turning the key to the OFF position. This action will permit the cylinder retaining pin to extend into the cylinder housing hole.
- Rotate the lock cylinder, using the lock cylinder key, to ensure correct mechanical operation in all positions.
- Attach the electrical connector for the key warning buzzer.
- Install the lower steering column shroud or trim shroud halves.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check for proper start in P or N , then make certain the start circuit cannot be actuated in the D and R positions and that the column is locked in the LOCK position.