REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the distributor from the engine.
- Place the distributor assembly on a workbench.
- Remove the two TFI ignition module retaining screws.
- Pull the right side of the module down the distributor mounting flange and then back up to disengage the module terminals from the connector in the distributor base. The module may then be pulled toward the flange and away from the distributor.
Do not attempt to lift the module from the mounting surface, except as explained in Step 3, as the pins will break at the distributor module connector.To install:
- Coat the baseplate of the TFI ignition module uniformly with a 1 / 32 in. (0.8mm) of silicone dielectric compound WA-10 or equivalent.
- Position the module on the distributor base mounting flange. Carefully position the module toward the distributor bowl and engage the three connector pins securely.
- Install the retaining screws. Tighten to 15-35 inch lbs. (1.7-4.0 Nm), starting with the upper right screw.
- Install the distributor into the engine. Install the cap and wires.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Recheck the initial timing. Adjust the timing, if necessary.