REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
1991-92 models use a proportioning valve which regulates hydraulic pressure to the rear brakes. 1993-96 models use two brake pressure differential valves.
- Raise the car and support it with safety stands.
- Unfasten the brake line fittings at the proportioning valve.
- Disconnect the brake lines from the valve and cap the lines to prevent leakage and contamination.
- Unfasten the proportioning valve mounting bolts and remove the valve.
- Place the valve in position and install the mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 14-17 ft. lbs. (19-23 Nm).
- Attach the brake lines to the valve and tighten the fittings to 10-16 ft. lbs. (13-22 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system.