REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
The help of an assistant is recommended when removing or installing the hood.
- Open and support the hood.
- Protect the body with covers to prevent damage to the paint.
- Use a marker or scribe marks around the hinge locations for reference during installation.
- Unplug any electrical connections and windshield washer hoses that would interfere with hood removal.
- While an assistant helps secure the hood, unfasten the attaching bolts, then remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Place the hood into position. Install and partially tighten attaching bolts.
- Adjust the hood with the reference marks and tighten the attaching bolts to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-25 Nm) on 1991-96 models and 14-17 ft. lbs. (19-23 Nm) on 1997-99 models.
- Check the hood for an even fit between the fenders and for flush fit with the front of the fenders. Also, check for a flush fit with the top of the cowl and fenders. If necessary, adjust the hood latch.
- Attach any electrical connections or windshield washer hoses removed to facilitate hood removal.
The hood can be adjusted fore and aft and side to side by loosening the hood-to-hinge attaching bolts and reposition the hood. To raise or lower the hood, loosen the hinge hood on body attaching bolts and raise or lower the hinge as necessary.
The hood lock can be moved from side-to-side and up and down and laterally to obtain a snug hood fit by loosening the lock attaching screws and moving as necessary.