REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1998-99 2.0L Engines
See Figure 1
1998-99 models do not utilize a conventional fuel pressure regulator. Instead, they contain a fuel pressure sensor, which maintains fuel pressure based on intake manifold vacuum.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove air cleaner outlet tube.
- Unplug the sensor electrical connection.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the sensor.
- Unfasten the sensor retaining screws and remove the sensor.
- Inspect the sensor O-rings and replace them as necessary.
- Lubricate the new O-rings with a light engine oil
- Install the O-rings on the sensor and place the sensor into position.
- Install the sensor retaining screws and tighten them to 27-40 inch lbs. (3-4 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum hose to the sensor.
- Attach the sensor electrical connection.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Run the engine at idle for 2 minutes, then turn the engine OFF and check for fuel leaks and proper operation.