See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Before adjusting the idle speed, make sure the ignition timing is correct and that all electrical loads such as the cooling fan and the lamps are OFF.
- Apply the parking brake and place the transaxle in the Neutral (manual) or PARK (automatic) position.
- Use a jumper wire to ground the TEN pin at the Data Link Connector (DLC). Refer to the accompanying illustration.
- Using Rotunda tachometer 059-00010 or its equivalent, connect the tachometer's positive lead to the IG terminal on the DLC and the tachometer's negative lead to the negative battery post.
- Start the engine and let it reach normal operating temperature, then note the idle speed.
- The idle should be 700-800 rpm on an automatic transaxle in PARK .
- If the idle is not as specified, turn the idle speed adjustment screw (refer to the accompanying illustration) until the correct idle speed is reached.
- Turn the engine OFF and let it cool.
- Remove the jumper wire and the tachometer.
- After the engine has cooled, start the engine, let it reach normal operating temperature and check the idle speed.
The idle adjustment is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). No adjustment is necessary or possible.
The mixture adjustments are controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). No adjustment is necessary or possible.