REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the sway (stabilizer) bar link nuts, retainers, washers, bushings, sleeves and bolts.
- Remove the sway bar bracket retaining bolts and brackets.
- Remove the sway bar from the vehicle.
- Inspect the sway bar bracket insulators and link bushings. Replace as needed.
- If removed, install the insulators on the sway bar and align the insulators to the positions painted on the sway bar.
- Place the sway bar to the floor crossmember and secure it in place with the sway bar brackets and bolts. Tighten the bolts to 32-43 ft. lbs. (43-59 Nm).
- Install the sway bar link bolts, retainers, bushings, sleeves and nuts. Tighten the sway bar link nuts so 0.64-0.71 inch (16.2-18.2mm) of thread is exposed at the end of the bolt.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.