REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Loosen the resonance chamber attaching clamp at the Vane Air Flow (VAF) meter and disconnect the chamber from the VAF meter.
- Disengage the VAF meter electrical connector.
- Loosen the air cleaner assembly upper cover mounting screws.
- Remove the VAF meter and the air cleaner assembly upper half.
- Remove the air cleaner element.
- Install the air cleaner element.
- Install the air cleaner assembly upper half and the VAF meter.
- Tighten the cover screws to 69-85 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Engage the VAF meter electrical connector.
- Engage the resonance chamber to the VAF meter and tighten the attaching clamp.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Release the four air cleaner lid clamps.
- Lift the lid assembly from the filter housing and remove the filter element.
- Hold the air cleaner lid aside and install the filter element in the filter housing.
- Position the air cleaner lid on the filter housing. Be certain the lid is firmly seated.
- Engage the air cleaner lid clamps.
See Figures 4 through 8
- Open the air cleaner housing clamp and set the right hand side of the housing aside.
- In some cases it may be necessary to unplug the electrical connections from the housing assembly, loosen the outlet hose-to-housing clamp and separate the hose from the housing in order to set the housing aside.
- Remove the filter element from the left hand side of the housing.
- Align the tab on the filter element with the notch in the housing and install the element.
- Connect the two halves of the housing together and tighten the clamp.
- If removed, attach the electrical connections and the outlet hose to the housing. Tighten the hose retaining clamp.