Removal & Installation
4.6L, 5.4L SOHC & 6.8L Engines
Disconnect the Coil On Plug (COP) electrical connectors.
- Remove the bolts.
Remove the coil on plugs.
Apply silicone brake caliper grease and dielectric compound to the inside of the coil boots.
- Install the coil on plugs.
- Secure with the retaining bolts and tighten to 44-62 inch lbs. (5-7 Nm).
- Attach the coil on plug electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the bolts and the ignition coil cover.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the ignition coil.
- Remove the ignition coils.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the ignition coil cover bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).