Removal & Installation
Dana 60 Monobeam
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Caliper from the knuckle and wire it out of the way
- Pull the axle shaft out through the knuckle.
- Using a slide hammer and bearing cup puller, remove the needle bearing from the spindle.
- Clean the spindle bore thoroughly and make sure that it is free of nicks and burrs. If the bore is excessively pitted or scored, the spindle must be replaced.
- Insert a new spindle bearing in its bore with the printing facing outward. Drive it into place with driver T80T-4000-R, or its equivalent. Install a new bearing seal with the lip facing away from the bearing.
- Pack the bearing with waterproof wheel bearing grease.
- Pack the thrust face of the seal in the spindle bore and the V-seal on the axle shaft with waterproof wheel bearing grease.
- Carefully guide the axle shaft through the knuckle and into the housing. Align the splines and fully seat the shaft.
Install or connect the following:
Bronze spacer on the shaft. The chamfered side of the spacer must be inboard.