Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the disc brake caliper and the front disc brake hub and rotor.
- Remove the front disc brake rotor shield.
- If equipped, remove the ABS sensor retaining bolt, ABS sensor harness retaining bolt and the ABS sensor. Position out of the way.
- Disconnect the tie rod end, as follows:
- Remove the pinch bolt.
Remove the camber adjuster.
WARNINGTo prevent damage to the ball joint seal and the ball joint socket, do not use a pickle fork-type remover to loosen the ball joints.
- Remove the front wheel spindle, as follows:
Using new fasteners, follow the removal procedure in reverse order. Tighten as follows:
- Front wheel spindle castellated nut: 99 ft. lbs. (133 Nm).
- Pinch bolt: 60 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Tie rod end nut: 67 ft. lbs. (90 Nm).
- ABS sensor bolt: 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Rotor shield bolts: 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Check the front end alignment.