Removal & Installation
- Remove the wheel bearing, as outlined in this section.
Remove the springs, adjuster and the parking brake shoes.
Depress the tabs and detach the parking brake cable from the wheel knuckle.
Remove the toe link-to-knuckle nut and detach the toe link from the wheel knuckle. Discard the nut.
- Remove the upper ball joint-to-wheel knuckle nut and bolt. Discard the nut.
Remove the lower arm-to-knuckle bolt, flag nut and the wheel knuckle. Discard the flag nut.
- If necessary, using a suitable press and adapters, remove the upper ball joint.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Please note the following tightening specifications:
- Lower arm-to-knuckle bolt and flag nut: 295 ft. lbs. (400 Nm)
- Upper ball joint-to-wheel knuckle nut and bolt: 111 ft. lbs. (150 Nm)
- Toe link-to-knuckle nut: 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm)
- Check and, if necessary, adjust the rear alignment.