REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the valve and drain the radiator so the coolant level is below the coolant outlet elbow, which houses the thermostat.
- Remove the outlet elbow retaining bolts and position the elbow sufficiently clear of the intake manifold or cylinder head to provide access to the thermostat.
- Remove the thermostat and the gasket.
- Clean the mating surfaces of the outlet elbow and the engine to remove all old gasket material and sealer. Coat the new gasket with water-resistant sealer and install it on the engine. Install the thermostat in the outlet elbow. The thermostat must be rotated clockwise to lock it in position.
- Install the outlet elbow and retaining bolts in the engine. Tighten the bolts to 12-15 ft. lbs.
- Refill the radiator. Run the engine at operating temperature and check for leaks. Recheck the coolant level.